This is our big yearly concert and ensemble event, and it will be held at Los Altos United Methodist Church on Saturday, December 2, at 4:00 p.m. This will be our 19th annual holiday concert and we are happy to have cross-strung harpist John Metras as our guest artist this year. We had him as our guest artist in 2006, and it will be a pleasure to have him back again!.
All rehearsals will be held at Los Altos Methodist Church as follows:
Sunday, October 22, 2:00 - 4:30
Sunday, November 5, 2:00 - 4:30
Sunday, November 19, 2:00 - 4:30
Sunday, November 26, 2:00 - 4:30 (the Sunday after Thanksgiving)
You must attend rehearsals if you wish to participate in the Concert Ensemble. The ensemble music should be available by the end of summer quarter.
Summer quarter will be from Monday, July 10 through Thursday, August 10. I may add a 6th week to summer quarter, which would be the week of August 14. Rick and I are still sorting out our summer plans now that we know he will be working in San Francisco, not Austin. I will let you know about the additional week (or not) ASAP. Please note that there is no makeup week during summer quarter.
As most of you are probably aware, I review my lesson rates each fall to keep in line with inflation. My rates are still currently close to the "going rate" for lessons, so they will not change this year. (Please note that I have not raised rates since 2014, so they are likely to go up next year). My rates are:
Fall quarter will be the weeks of 9/18/17 - 11/27/17, with makeups on the week of 12/4/17. There are no lessons the week of Thanksgiving.
- 30 minutes: $43
- 45 minutes: $59
- 60 minutes: $75
- Please do not come to lesson if you are sick!Thank you for respecting this rule - you all have all been particularly good about it this year. Cancellations due to illness may be rescheduled for any available time during the quarter. A credit will be issued if rescheduling is not possible. There is currently no limit to the number of cancellations due to illness in a quarter - please do not abuse this, or there will be!
- Please remember that no credit, refund, or makeup will be issued for lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, except in case of illness. I set aside your weekly lesson time specifically for you, and last-minute cancellations prevent me from scheduling makeup lessons, or otherwise using my time most effectively.
- Cancellations received more than 24 hours before lesson time may be rescheduled. If rescheduling is not possible, the lesson fee will either be credited to the next quarter or refunded. This is limited to a maximum of 2 lessons per quarter unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Lack of practice is not a valid reason to cancel lessons - we can always put your lesson time to good use.
- Lessons cancelled by me (e.g., when I'm sick) will be rescheduled if possible. If rescheduling is not possible, the lesson fee will either be credited to the next quarter or refunded.