This is our big yearly concert and ensemble event, and it will be held at Los Altos United Methodist Church on Saturday, December 1, at 4:00 p.m. This will be our 20th annual holiday concert—it's hard to believe we've done that many already! Our guest artist this year will be Anna Maria Mendieta. Her specialty is Spanish and Latin music, and we're looking forward to having her play for us.
All rehearsals will be held at Los Altos Methodist Church as follows:
Sunday, October 21, 2:00 - 4:30
Sunday, November 4, 2:00 - 4:30
Sunday, November 18, 2:00 - 4:30
Sunday, November 25, 2:00 - 4:30 (the Sunday after Thanksgiving)
You must attend rehearsals if you wish to participate in the Concert Ensemble. I am hoping to have the ensemble music written and available by the end of summer quarter.
Summer quarter will be from Monday, July 9 through Thursday, August 9. I may add an optional 6th week to summer quarter, (the week of August 13) depending on our vacation plans. I will let you know if I will be teaching that week as soon as Rick and I have sorted out our summer schedule. Please note that there is no makeup week during summer quarter.
As most of you are probably aware, I review my lesson rates each fall to keep in line with inflation. Please note that I have not raised my rates for four years—the last increase was in 2014. My rates starting fall quarter are:
Fall quarter will be the weeks of 9/17/18 – 11/26/18, with makeups on the week of 12/3/18. There are no lessons the week of Thanksgiving.
- 30 minutes: $46
- 45 minutes: $64
- 60 minutes: $80
- Please do not come to lesson if you are sick! Thank you for respecting this rule—you all have all been very good about it this year. Cancellations due to illness may be rescheduled for any available time during the quarter. A credit will be issued if rescheduling is not possible. There is currently no limit to the number of cancellations due to illness in a quarter—please do not abuse this, or there will be!
- Please remember that no credit, refund, or makeup will be issued for lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, except in case of illness. I set aside your weekly lesson time specifically for you, and last-minute cancellations prevent me from scheduling makeup lessons, or otherwise using my time most effectively.
- Cancellations received more than 24 hours before lesson time may be rescheduled. If rescheduling is not possible, the lesson fee will either be credited to the next quarter or refunded. This is limited to a maximum of 2 lessons per quarter unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Lack of practice is not a valid reason to cancel lessons—we can always put your lesson time to good use.
- Lessons cancelled by me (e.g., when I'm sick) will be rescheduled if possible. If rescheduling is not possible, the lesson fee will either be credited to the next quarter or refunded.